If as a kid you spent hours together on your balance bike, I congratulate you! You are one of our own and have the spark in you to be a biker one day. When you are possessed by a fiery sense of fernweh, there is nothing more exhilarating than to make a road trip and get lost somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Before you set out for a road trip, you ought to ensure that you have everything that would keep various kinds of problems at bay. Here is a list of the five most essential items that you should have with you on a road trip.
- Breakdown supplies: If you’re going riding in the night, a flashlight is extremely important. Bring along with you an extra flashlight and fresh batteries. Emergency supplies are very helpful in finding your way if in case you are lost.
- First Aid Kits: Road trips can be extremely adventurous and this brings into picture the risk of hurting yourself in a number of ways. You may slip or fall or have a bad headache and therefore it is always a good idea to take along with you a first-aid kit comprising of items like nicks and scrapes, anti-bacterial cream, bandages, pain killers and medicines.
- Music: Don’t forget to bring your music along with you. The joy of riding is multiplied ten times when you have your favourite artist playing your favourite songs right in your ears. Music adds to the fun of riding and a good playlist would come in really handy.
- Camera: A working camera would help you capture the memories of the trip and cherish them for the rest of your life. If you are going in a group, a couple of cameras would be more than enough. You want to travel light and when in a group, it would make little sense for each rider or pillion to carry a camera each. There is nothing like capturing the scenery that makes up the fantastic background for the road you’re travelling.
- Eatables and juices: Fruit juices help you stay hydrated and staying hydrated is an important aspect of any trip. It is always a good idea to take along with you food items that are sources of quick energy. Fruits, pretzels, granola bars and crackers are food items you can take with you without having to make much space.
The world of biking is a world of raw nature and dead rubber. Once you entered it, as a young child on your best balance bike or an old man on your beat up old hog, you are a biker for life and trust me, you would never want to leave and might perhaps be even happy to be living the life of an outlaw if at all!
Where you can look for Balance Bikes:
– BabbleBikes – http://www.babblebikes.com
– KidsBalanceBikes – http://www.kidsbalancebikes.com/